Business Tips for Small and Large Businesses
- Do a favor–no strings attached–for 5 of your best customers–they’ll pay you back in loyalty and word-of-mouth promotion.
- If you haven’t already, write a business plan–or get us to do it for you if you don’t know how. It’s never too late to do this; you will never reach your business goals if you don’t actually know what they are!
- Praise your workers sincerely for their work.
- If you have a worker who creates bad feeling, or a bad atmosphere, take them aside and talk to them. If things don’t improve, fire them. It only takes one person to ruin your business–don’t let them do it.
- If you have a worker who always seems to be the one to solve a problem, and who makes things run more smoothly–reward them for it. Showing appreciation for hard work makes that person want to work even harder, and encourages everyone else in the right direction.
- Cut loose from any business associates you know have a negative effect on you or your business–keeping company with them reflects on you.
- Seek out 5 people whose company you enjoy and who you know will help you to develop in ways that will help your business.
- Make a list of 20 items that need to be addressed for your business to thrive, and draw up a timeline to focus on them in order of urgency until you have nailed it.
- Carve out some time to do things you love–they’ll make you a better person and render you a thousand times more creative.
- Declare a project finished because it is ‘good enough.’ Remember that perfection is the enemy of ‘good.’
- Set a schedule for one mammoth task you’ve been putting off and agree to do just one small thing towards completing it daily until you’re done. No matter how difficult it is you will get there in the end and you won’t believe how easy it was to achieve that difficult task. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!
- If you have equipment that needs servicing or repair, contact your service people and get it done as soon as possible. Taking good care of your equipment will ensure that it last for longer, works better, and doesn’t let you down when you least expect it.
- Always continue to acquire knowledge about your niche. Things change, progress, move on…and so should you.
- Perfect your : This means knowing how to give a good account of what your business does in the time it takes to go up to the fourth floor. Yes, the clock is ticking!
- Get out there and network. This is one of those things that always seems harder than it actually is–especially for people who are a little reserved or shy. Once you start talking you’ll be amazed how fun it can be. Remember, it is important to get out of your comfort zone occasionally to build your business.
- Don’t be afraid to take the occasional risk. This is not the same as being reckless. It is a fact that if you’re not prepared to stick your neck out you won’t achieve much.
- Be yourself. Let your associates see the real you. That’s important because you are the spirit of your business.
Call or email us today about drawing up a business plan, or creating winning business strategy. Your success depends on taking action.
contact Middle East Solutions today for help