Marissa Mayer Knows What She’s Talking About
Here, Marrisa Mayer is talking specifically about Google’s usability. But the concepts can apply to any business or website. Listen and think about these points she’s talking about and how they might apply to your business. After all, there’s a lot we can learn from the success of Google.
Your Website has to do More Than Just Look Good
It’s your first reaction when you’re at the point where you’ve decided to get a business website, or upgrade your business website: let’s make it look really nice. And for most people, that’s as far as it goes. They don’t think about all the other critical components that contribute to making your website a success–or a failure.
Of course, how your website looks is important. But more important than that, according to Google itself is ‘usability.’ Website usability can include the following:
- Does your website serve a purpose?
- Can people find what they came for easily?
- Does what they came for meet their expectations?
- Is there’s lots of useful, relevant information that will keep people on your site?
Navigation is Your Number-One Concern
- Looks good
- Clearly laid out so that visitors don’t have to stop and think about how to find what they’re looking for